We are following social distancing guidelines and all protocols for a safe experience for our visitors.
VISITORS & STAFF
- Facemasks will be required of visitors, staff and volunteers (as required by the Governor’s Executive Order), with exceptions for young children
- Capacity will be reduced to provide guests space to socially distance. In some cases, pre-registration/timed tickets may be required
- Contactless payment and use of credit/debit card for purchases will be strongly encouraged
- Social distancing will be required, and may be encouraged with barriers, designated walk routes and additional signage
- Hand sanitizer and similar options will be available across institutions
PROGRAMS & EXPERIENCES
- The Branch is currently exploring new options for programming through online webinars, check back on our website where we will post details as they become available
- Alterations or adaptations to hands-on exhibits and experiences will be made to reduce interactions with high-touch surfaces
- Cleaning protocols will be expanded, especially in restrooms and high-touch areas
- Each site will clearly post their institution-specific guidelines and protocols on their websites, on social media and onsite
Guidelines prepared in collaboration with:
Agecroft Hall and Gardens | The American Civil War Museum | The Black History Museum And Cultural Center of Virginia | The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design | Children’s Museum of Richmond | Henricus Historical Park | John Marshall House | Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden | The Library of Virginia | Maymont | The Poe Museum | Preservation Virginia | St. John’s Church Foundation | Science Museum of Virginia | The Valentine | The Virginia Holocaust Museum | The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts | The Virginia Museum of History and Culture | The Wilton House Museum
Dialogue with Artists Webinar Series
The Branch will conduct an ongoing dialogue with many of the artists we work with, exploring their art and getting a very personal view into their work.
Some of our artists have been creating art for many years. Others are just on the cusp of what promises to be a long and productive career. Each has a unique perspective and approach which we will explore in these webinars.
OCTOBER 7 | 6:30 PM
Have you seen Ody the Outsider in our courtyard along Monument Avenue? Learn about the artist that created it and his practice!
For more information, see our Calendar of Events page.