Coming Summer 2018,
The Branch Museum is excited to announce four week-long sessions of Architecture Camp!
Architecture Camp consists of exciting field trips and building challenges in which students will investigate approaches to real-world problems, as they:
- Tackle and solve projects while working collaboratively in teams to resolve issues that confront their city
- Learn how to investigate their world beyond the bounds of conventional thinking
- Talk with guest architects, learning about their careers and work
- Tour Richmond, exploring and learning about different existing and upcoming buildings, public transit, neighborhoods and their history
- Explore the exciting opportunities of architecture and other design disciplines
- Partake in interactive discussions and take time to reflect on their learning
Students will emerge with:
- An Architecture Camp Journal: a daily journal where students complete activities and record their daily reflections
- A part in the Architecture Camp Exhibit: an small exhibit that will be on display at the Branch; will contain a culmination of student work that they help to curate, along with an individual design statement that they create
Over a course of five days, students will become acquainted with The Branch House and Richmond’s many neighborhoods through interactive tours and activities. As they explore, campers will be introduced to architects, designers, and other building systems professionals. Campers will practice observing, sketching, presenting, and building at various scales. They will use their newly learned skills in design challenges that relate to our built environment and our city. Students will complete camp with a new understanding and appreciation of the built environment around them.
Already registered? Download the Emergency Release Forms.
Summer Camp Scholarships provided by Rotary Club of Richmond, VA to young passionate designers and architects. To qualify for a scholarship, campers must be eligible for free or reduced lunch in the public school system
For questions regarding Architecture Camp, please contact us here